I can’t recommend the ‘Norway in a nutshell’ day trip enough. If your time in Norway is limited you really should do this trip if you can.
We paid about £145 each – well in advance (approximately 1600 Norwegian Krone) for this trip which included:
- Train trip from Bergen to Myrdal
- Scenic train from Myrdal to Flam
- Boat from Flam to Gudvangen
- Coach from Gudvangen to Voss
- Train from Voss back to Bergen
It’s worth absolutely every penny.
Where is Norway?
Train from Bergen to Myrdal
Nice train. Plenty of room. Good sized windows to look out of.
The usual amount of space for your bags above the seats. I’d travel as light as you can though if you are doing the day trip.
Absolutely breathtaking scenery throughout this leg of the trip. The picture above has really inspired us to go back to Norway to learn cross-country skiing in the near future. The idea of sitting in a log cabin for a week in the middle of nowhere really appeals.
The spectacular scenery in this section of the trip really has a beautiful other-worldly feel to it.
Time for a quick pic at Myrdal before transferring to the scenic train to Flam.
Scenic train from Myrdal to Flam
Not sure if I was reassured by the metal saw in a glass box on the wall.
First stop on the journey, Kjosfossen waterfall. In the summer you’d be able to see a flowing and powerful waterfall here and if you are lucky you’ll see the dancing water siren.
A bit less snow as we reached Flam.
Got to be one of the nicest train stations in the world.
Boat from Flam to Gudvangen
Coach from Gudvangen to Voss
Train from Voss to Bergen
‘Norway in a nutshell’ promo video
Check out all of the places to stay near herePlease use this handy facility to search for places to stay on Booking.com.
Please be sociableHopefully, you have enjoyed this blog. Please Like, Share, Comment and Follow me on social media as it really helps.
- Please check out my video above and Like/Subscribe on YouTube if you enjoyed it
- For more videos and photo's of my adventures around the world please follow me on Instagram
- For more insider information about my travels around the world, you can also follow me on Facebook and Twitter
- Do you love Cornwall in the UK? Please check out my other sites: JVsCornwall.co.uk for walking, virtual bike ride videos and insider info and JVadventuregear.co.uk for info about outdoor pursuits in Cornwall and the opportunity to buy the best new and used outdoor gear